Job Title: Accountant
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Finance/Info Systems
Position: Full Time
Req #: 6774
Posted Date: Sep 11, 2023
Hiring Range: $28.59 - $35.93
The Accountant is responsible for coordinating the completion of financial documents, preparation of financial reports, including, but not limited to, operational and capital budgets, departmental and patient accounts financial statements, statistical reports, and other related financial information. The Accountant compiles data for regulatory reporting in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements, and ensures timely and accurate reporting and documentation.
- Enters and reviews periodic general and standard journal entries, income and balance sheet statements on automated and manual systems utilizing specialized software programs.
- Makes complex calculations, interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Conducts account reconciliations and financial audits and prepares specialized reports.
- Monitors departmental accounts and provides information and interpretation of results to administrators.
- Assists with preparation of federal, state and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Keeps informed of governmental regulations and procedures affecting the institution's finance and accounting procedures.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and/or expenditures as appropriate.
- Researches and resolves problems pertaining to financial reporting systems, ensuring compliance with procedures and policies relating to patient billing and reporting to regulatory agencies such as Center for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Prepares monthly income statements by collecting and consolidating accounting data.
- Assists with preparation of yearly operating and capital budget.
- Effectively uses automated systems to perform work assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Prior accounting experience in a health care setting preferred.
A high school or equivalency diploma is required; a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in accounting or related field is preferred for candidates without prior experience
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement