Job Title: Accounting Manager
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Position: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9 -5
Req #: 32389
Posted Date: Nov 28, 2022
The Accounting Manager will work with and provide oversight to the General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Payroll teams of the HealthAlliance organization which includes multiple hospitals, a nursing home and other affiliated entities in preparing the monthly close, annual close, annual budget, cash reporting and other tasks and special projects as needed. Must have a keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements (including preparation & analysis), general ledger, and all financial and bank reports. Responsibilities
- Financial statement preparation and review (monthly and annually) and related analysis.
- Review general ledger activity and financial statements for individual entities and assist with month-end and year-end close processes.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating budget
- Assist with daily cash reporting, analysis and forecasting including review of weekly payables spend.
- Review/prepare reports for DOH and other outside agencies as needed.
- Responsible for coordination for annual tax return preparation.
- Responsible for providing guidance/coordination for annual audit including audits of financial statements, pension, grants and others.
- Assist with grant analysis and reporting.
- Assist with system upgrades and conversions (GL, AP and Payroll).
- Treasury management and maintenance of banking relationships as well as implementation of new products and services.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting as necessary.
- Develop procedures to improve efficiencies and provide cross-training within the department.
- Previous experience at the Supervisor level, minimum 5 years’ experience, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required. Master’s Degree and/or CPA, preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Excellent computer skills including advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills; especially Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting. Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.Ability to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as leadership/management experience.
HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.