Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Finance/Info Systems
Position: Full Time
Req #: 34819
Posted Date: Apr 27, 2023
Responsible for proper recording, processing and payment of all invoices.
- Ensures all invoices are properly approved, coded and all backup attached/matched and inputs into the accounts payable system.
- Communicates with vendors and Purchasing Department regarding accounts payable issues.
- Generates A/P checks as required. Pulls invoices (with backup), vouchers for payment, prints checks and prepares for mailing.
- Maintains files on all paid and unpaid invoices.
- Posts vendor payments in the accounts payable system.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area and adheres to policies and procedures and standard safe work practices.
- Researches problems with vendor files.
- Makes recommendations to A/P Supervisor regarding vendor payments.
- Prepares 1099 and 1096 forms annually.
- Obtains and maintains W9 forms and Certificates of Insurance from new vendors as required.
- Assists in audits (year-end financial and Worker’s Comp audits).
- Assists in all areas of accounting functions as needed and determined by Director of Financial Operations.
- Assist in various bookkeeping functions such as miscellaneous cash recording and other bookkeeping duties as assigned.
- Reviews all vendor statements monthly.
- Prepares prior year files (after audit) for storage (box, organize and label).
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate
- Minimum of 2 yrs. Computer and Accounts Payable experience.
- None specified
- Knowledge of bookkeeping methods and strong computer skills a must. Individual must possess good communication skills, in writing, in person and over the telephone. Must be able to work well with other employees, have the emotional and physical capacity to perform duties, exhibit a strong commitment to achieve goals, show initiative, enthusiasm and creativity. Must have the ability to organize work effectively, work independently, and accept and utilize guidance. Personal qualifications should include flexibility, cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.