Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Position: Full Time
Req #: 7242
Posted Date: Sep 21, 2023
Hiring Range: $22.28 - $28.01
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for being the liaison with vendors and reconciling vendor statements to ensure all invoices are managed in a timely manner. This position researches the ERP system to problem solve issues and various other non-PO problem solving tasks.
- Ensures the payment of invoices, both purchase orders and non-purchase orders for assigned vendors.
- Works with local systems and procurement to ensure compliance with invoice matching and purchase orders.
- Ensures proper documentation is present prior to invoices being released for payment.
- Reviews, researches, and processes aged invoices and opens credits on vendor statements.
- Adds vendors, the vendor W9, and new vendor forms to the system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
4-6 years of experience leading full-cycle Accounts Payable functions preferred.
Associate degree in finance, HCA, or other specialty major preferred.
Licenses / Certifications: N/A
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement