Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Company: NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Position: Full Time
Hours: 5 & 40
Req #: 30357
Posted Date: Jun 08, 2022
An Administrative Assistant works to ensure that the daily operations of the clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital in which they serve function as smoothly as possible. They must engage in a wide variety of administrative support functions to one or more departments or managers.
- Acts on behalf of and conserves an executive’s time by attending meetings, reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Promptly and efficiently manages incoming phone calls by screening and/or directing incoming calls to the appropriate party.
- Receives, greets, and directs patients and guests, in person or via telephone.
- Manages multiple calendars; coordinates and schedules meetings and conference calls within the department, interdepartmentally, and/or with external parties.
- Prepares, edits, and keeps detailed logs of correspondence, reports, contracts, presentations.
- Makes travel, meeting, and special event arrangements; creates and organizes travel itineraries.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the team for meetings, correspondence, appointments, etc. that may include privileged and confidential information.
- Processes expense reports and supporting documentation.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Performs word processing; creates Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations; prepares reports.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously; solicits, researches, and compiles supporting materials for projects; follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous administrative, clerical, or secretarial experience, preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point). Special Requirements:
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.