Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Perioperative Services
Position: Part Time
Hours: Variable (Days, and Weekends)
Req #: 36413
Posted Date: Aug 14, 2023
Hiring Range: $24.08-$30.26
An Administrative Assistant works to ensure that the daily operations of the clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital in which they serve function as smoothly as possible. They must engage in a wide variety of administrative support functions to one or more departments or managers.
- Heavy use and knowledge of kronos timekeeping system
- Acts on behalf of and conserves an executive’s time by attending meetings, reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Promptly and efficiently manages incoming phone calls by screening and/or directing incoming calls to the appropriate party.
- Receives, greets, and directs patients and guests, in person or via telephone.
- Manages multiple calendars; coordinates and schedules meetings and conference calls within the department, interdepartmentally, and/or with external parties.
- Prepares, edits, and keeps detailed logs of correspondence, reports, contracts, presentations.
- Makes travel, meeting, and special event arrangements; creates and organizes travel itineraries.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the team for meetings, correspondence, appointments, etc. that may include privileged and confidential information.
- Processes expense reports and supporting documentation.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Performs word processing; creates Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations; prepares reports.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously; solicits, researches, and compiles supporting materials for projects; follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous administrative, clerical, or secretarial experience, preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement