Job Title: Administrative Assistant Homecare
Company: MidHudson Regional Home Health
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Home Health
Department: Home Care-Certified
Position: Full Time
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am to 4:30 pm
Req #: 33097
Posted Date: Jan 12, 2023
The Administrative Assistant demonstrates competence by providing administrative and secretarial support for the Administrator and Managers. Specific duties may vary according to the work distribution of the Certified Home Care Agency. Specific duties may vary according to the work distribution of the department.
- Communication & Documentation
- Transcribes minutes and related data of the Board and Professional Advisory Committees, ensuring accurate and timely distribution.
- Collects and records data for statistics, including IPRO, monthly productivity, referral trends, performance improvement data, and Balanced Scorecard. Develops and monitors systems to track data
- Coordinates rotating review/revision of policies to respective managers annually.
- Arranges times, attendee lists and locations for meetings.
- Coordinates Administrator’s calendar and schedules appointments as needed.
- Record Keeping
- Updates the Personnel and Operation Policy Manuals as needed.
- Maintains staff in-service attendance log.
- Tracks dates for performance appraisals and licensure updates.
- Office Operations
- Independently answers routine correspondence.
- Prepares contracts for renewal annually, tracking same.Ensures timely return of all required data elements Visits one aide vendor annually to verify credentials.
- Supports managers’ requests for word processing and related duties. Develops forms designed to assist managers to perform tracking or educational activities. Assists managers/supervisors by performing scheduling functions as requested
- Coordinates home health aide services, scheduling agency staff; vendors out requests to back-up agencies. Develops strong working relationships with vendors to ensure smooth operations between clinical staff and vendor.
- Data enters aide visits on patient schedules.
- Tracks aide credentials and vendor bills for accuracy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School graduate with additional post secondary training to acquire secretarial skills or equivalent demonstrated by past work experience, advanced computer literacy,knowledge of business practices, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to serve as a role model for other clerical staff.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at one time.
- Demonstrates mastery of most computer word and excel programs.
MidHudson Regional Home Health