Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: MHRH-Mental Health Clinic
Position: Part Time
Hours: M-F 8:30-3
Req #: 23977
Posted Date: Mar 25, 2021
The function of the Administrative Coordinator is to provide organizational support and reception services for the Mental Health Clinic’s Deleware County program. The Administrative Coordinator completes tasks related to patient registration and scheduling, record and document management, telephone and electronic communications, data entry and reporting, and requisitions for materials and supplies. Facilitates the sharing of information between the Program Administrator, program staff, Mental Health Clinic staff in Poughkeepsie, and other hospital departments, referral sources, and community based providers and agencies.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Maintain record of patient arrival, cancellations, or no-shows for appointments and follow-up of no-shows and cancellations.
- Prepare information packets and other materials for new patients.
- Coordinator onsite staff schedules in multiple locations with telepsychiatry provider schedules.
- Accurately record patient information and enter it in hospital registration/billing system.
- Requests/sends patient records to/from other providers
- Answer telephone, take messages, and relay messages.
- Attend meetings and record minutes and notes as directed.
- Prepare and mail correspondence.
- Compile and report statistics as requested.
- Monitor supplies and place orders as needed.
- Maintain work areas in clean and orderly fashion.
- Contact IT regarding computer/equipment problems.
- Performs other assignments / duties as requested.
3 months minimum clerical experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree and/or some college courses preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Ability to work well with other team members and to relate to clients and the general public in a friendly and flexible manner; proficiency in using Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.