Job Title: Administrative Lab Manager
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Position: Full Time
Req #: 2095
Posted Date: Jan 27, 2022
The BSCMG Laboratory Manager is responsible for all Bon Secours Charity Medical Group facilities performing clinical laboratory testing. This position manages and supervises staff performing lab testing in both waived and accredited categories and assures that testing operations occur in a satisfactory manner consistent with regulatory requirements. The Lab Manager acts as technical consultant, trouble shooting instrument issues, quality control issues and coordinating instrument repair and maintenance, and is responsible for executing direction from the Medical Director of the Laboratory. Additionally, the Lab Manager shall perform duties and functions of a medical technologist as needed to support the medical group facilities.
- Manages, supervises and coordinates all activities related to testing activity within the medical group, and is responsible for the ongoing assurance that patient testing meets quality and turn-around-time expectations.
- Actively works with leadership to improve systems to support the patient testing process, and evaluates needs and makes recommendations to revise testing methodologies and platforms as necessary.
- Delegates proficiency testing challenges to all testing personnel, responsible for result entry in DOH/CAP/COLA database and result review with root cause analysis as needed.
- Reviews patient test results and quality reports. · Evaluates departmental problems and develops and recommends resolution strategies.
- Coordinates the performance of linearity studies, correlations and routine and emergency maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and methodologies as per regulatory requirements.
- Assures quality control and proficiency testing is performed as per policy and within practice guidelines.
- Coordinates with leadership in the identification, implementation and optimization of patient testing.
- Evaluates training staff training needs and conducts training accordingly, and performs and participates in training on laboratory testing methods.
- Performs evaluations and competency assessments for assigned staff.
- Develops, writes, and maintains appropriate procedure manuals, policies and competency tools.
- Implements new procedures as approved by Leadership.
- Effectively uses automated systems to perform work assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of six years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, preferably in a healthcare setting
Bachelor’s degree in laboratory sciences or related degree required Licenses / Certifications: New York State license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Must meet New York State personnel guidelines to function as a supervisor in a clinical lab (a minimum of six years relevant work experience). National registration preferred (NCA/ASCP)
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.