Job Title: Admitting Clerk
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Patient Registration
Position: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 6a-2p
Req #: 1777
Posted Date: Dec 10, 2021
The Admitting Clerk collects demographics and insurance information from the patient while activating the patient encounter for medical treatment. Utilizes the various systems, assesses each account related concern and resolves issues about registration and insurances matters. Provides superior customer service and adheres to the productivity, accuracy and performance measures established for the department.
- Interviews the patient/patient representative for Direct Admissions, Outpatient Services, and Ambulatory Surgery, Minor Surgery and/or procedures performed in all ancillary departments and directs patients to appropriate departments.
- Performs correct and accurate data entry of patient demographic information and medical insurance.
- Notifies insurance companies of admissions to the hospital to ensure patient has coverage, services provided are covered, denials and appeals minimized and payments are expedited.
- Reviews registration data for accuracy and satisfying delinquent data for a quality assurance.
- Handles the printing and distribution of Admission/Registration forms, face sheets, labels and NY State and Federally mandated forms to patients or nursing unit as appropriate.
- Obtains witnessing signatures for insurance assignments and guarantor statements.
- Makes changes to patient information when required in a timely manner.
- Collects all required payments for service and processes and submits payments in US Bank.
- Processes and submits payments for posting to the Financial Counselor.
- Handles answering telephones promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- Maintains a quiet, calm and clean professional office environment.
- Identifies and registers all patients of all age groups: newborns, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Directs and/or escorts patients to areas for their services.
- Deals with distraught parents who are admitting their child/children.
- Completes all on-line education modules and attends department trainings.
- Reviews Work Patient accounts that fall on Work Queues to ensure proper billing and statistical reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1-2 years Healthcare experience preferred. Knowledge of Medical field preferred. Medical insurance experience preferred.
High School diploma or GED required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.