Job Title: Advance Counselor
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Chemical Dependency
Position: Full Time
Hours: 9a-5p, some evenings
Req #: 3722
Posted Date: Jul 13, 2022
The Advanced Counselor is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients on assigned caseload. This position conducts psychosocial evaluations, psychoeducational groups, participates in formulating patient treatment plans in conjunction with other team members and maintains adequate patient records. In addition, the Advanced Counselor performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed.
- Creates timely treatment plans and screening evaluations that suit the developmental needs for each patient per OASAS regulations.
- Performs concise and complete psychosocial assessments including clinical impression and plans for intervention.
- Utilizes OASAS Level of Care for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral (LOCADTR) tool to determine appropriate level of care and treatment.
- Provides individual, couple, family, and group clinical treatment as required.
- Works with patient/family to formulate and review treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in effective management of emergencies and adjusts established work plans as needed.
- Uses individualized treatment approaches in dealing with needs presented by patients/families.
- Establishes appropriate discharge plans for the patient based on appropriate level of care.
- Makes appropriate referrals to adult protective services or child protective services.
- Provides education in regards to substance abuse disorders for patient(s) and family members.
- Seeks supervision when required for clinical work and recognizes transference issues.
- Educates other hospital staff, staff at other agencies, patients, and community members about the range of behavioral health services available at Bon Secours Community Hospital and within the community.
- Protects customer rights confidentiality through written, oral and electronic communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of one-year counseling experience in a chemical dependency setting required with 30-Hour OASAS Clinical Supervision Foundations I & II. Qualified Health Professional license/certification required – LMHC, LMSW, LCSW or CASAC.
Bachelor’s degree required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.