Job Title: Advance Counselor
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Chemical Dependency
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 5267
Posted Date: Jan 19, 2023
The Advanced Counselor serves as a member of the treatment team and is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients on assigned case load. Completes psychosocial evaluation; psychoeducational groups; participates in formulating patient treatment plan in conjunction with other team members; maintains adequate patient records; participates in discharge planning; performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed; maintains contact with referral sources during patient’s treatment; supervision of interns. Participates in QA and outcome measures. Performs special projects as assigned.
- Performs complete screening evaluations for patients interested in entering treatment as needed.
- Performs concise and complete psychosocial assessment including clinical impression and plan for intervention.
- Utilizes OASAS Level of Care for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral (LOCADTR) tool to determine appropriate level of care and treatment.
- Provides individual, couple, family, and group clinical treatment as required.
- Works with patient/family to formulate and review treatment plan and goals.
- Uses individualized treatment approaches in dealing with needs presented by patients/families.
- Establishes appropriate discharge plans for the patient based on appropriate level of care.
- Makes appropriate referrals to adult protective services or child protective services.
- Seeks supervision when required for clinical work.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize supervision including recognition of transference and counter transference issues.
- Educates other hospital staff, staff at other agencies, patients, and community members about the range of behavioral health services available at Bon Secours Community Hospital and within the community.
- Demonstrates mission and values with patients, families, peers and other members of the health care team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
One year of chemical dependency experience. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrates knowledge of chemical dependency and mental health concepts.
Bachelor’s degree and 30-Hour OASAS Clinical Supervision Foundations I & II
CASAC or other Qualified Health Professional
Qualified Health Professional (QHP) includes LMSW, LCSW, or LMHC
Provisional Qualified Health Professional includes MSW or MHC
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.