Job Title: Analytics Engineer
Company: NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: DMA-Data Management &Analytics
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8:30-5
Req #: 36564
Posted Date: Aug 30, 2023
Hiring Range: $43.74-$54.98
As an Analytics Engineer within the Operational Excellence & Enterprise Analytics Department, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our network enterprise data warehouse, thus enabling our organization to make data-driven decisions and improvements. The ideal candidate has skills as a data pipeline developer and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams and systems in the clinical and non-clinical domains. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to enable data-driven decision making for strategic, operational, and clinical domains.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, loading, and transformation (ELT) of data into our enterprise data warehouse (EDW) from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Cloud data warehousing technologies (Azure, AWS, Snowflake, etc.).
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline ingestion architecture for various unstructured and structured data sources.
- Strong business process acumen with the ability to attribute how specific clinical or non-clinical business processes generate data.
- With a comprehensive understanding of how our operational processes generate data, develop the transformation logic to establish structured and analytical data repositories across various domains.
- Using data orchestration and scheduling techniques, combine and organize siloed data from multiple data storage locations, making it available for data analysis tools and enabling automation.
- Develop and maintain front-end analytics tools and dashboards (Tableau/Power BI) that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational performance and other key business performance metrics.
- Successfully implement sound data cataloging & and analytics development best practices to create organized inventories and source control which aid in data governance.
- Ensure data quality & governance at the enterprise level by utilizing data lineage techniques and following standard data documentation practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including Executive leadership, Operations Management, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Ensure internal and external data security standards are maintained to safeguard our enterprise and patient data.
- Provide recommendations to enhance our data engineering techniques and architecture design.
- Create data tools and collaborate with management engineering, analytics, and data scientist team members to assist them in building and optimizing various analytics solutions.
- Utilize agile skills that draw from other disciplines such as management consulting, business administration, organizational development, information technology, and computer science.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in an Analytics Engineer role, with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field, required.
- Proficiency in SQL, required
- CI/CD development experience for data transformation with SQL, highly preferred
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehouse architecture (Snowflake/Azure), preferred
- Experience with Python, R, or other programming language, preferred
Bachelor’s degree, required, Master’s degree, preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
N/A Skills: Experience in SQL development, table design, pipeline design and build, pipeline monitoring, orchestration & scheduling, data profiling, expertise in analyzing data to identify gaps and inconsistencies, troubleshooting, dashboard development/visualization, Cloud EDWs (Snowflake/Azure preferred), Data modeling, Data documentation, SSMS, SQL Server, SSIS Visual Studio. Excellent written and verbal communication with a strong drive for perfection/professionalism in delivery and presentation. Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of a larger team. Advanced proficiency in statistics and statistical software with an ability to visualize data for improvement/performance monitoring.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement