Job Title: Anesthesia Aide
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Perioperative Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 36671
Posted Date: Aug 30, 2023
Hiring Range: $31.17-$34.06
The Anesthesia Aide is an integral member of the anesthesia patient care team who works under the department of anesthesiology to assist the licensed anesthesia providers in various settings by providing support for routine surgical cases by assisting in the preparation and maintenance of patient equipment and anesthesia delivery systems before, during and after anesthesia.
- Clean, sterilize, disinfect, stock, order and maintain the routine anesthesia equipment and supplies.
- Assist with anesthesia case set up
- Assist anesthesiologist/CRNA/Resident/tech/as requested, as long as within scope of practice. May be clinical.
- Other duties as needed. May be clinical.
- Biologic hazards, infection control, and standard precautions
- Fire, electrical, laser and explosion hazards in the operating room and other anesthesia related areas
- Storage, use and safe handling of bulk and cylinder gases
- Sterile technique and the principals of aseptic practice
- Communication skills
Experience in the hospital setting, preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Ability to communicate in English
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement