Job Title: Assist Director Nursing, Periop Svs
Company: MidHudson Valley Staffco, LLC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Operating Room
Position: Full Time
Req #: 20397
Posted Date: Oct 05, 2020
The Assistant Director, Perioperative Services oversees the management and daily operations of the Operating Room (OR), PACU, Endoscopy, and Central Sterile Departments. This position directs the utilization of resources (people, financial, material and equipment) to ensure efficient operations of the Perioperative Services areas. Additionally, the Assistant Director, Perioperative Services collaborates and implements necessary action plans to ensure optimal patient care for individuals undergoing surgical procedures.
- RN minimum of five years full-time Operating Room or PACU staff nurse, 2 years Perioperative leadership
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN required, MSN or certification in Nursing Administration, preferred.
- Current New York State Nursing License
- BLS Certified
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.