Job Title: Assistant Director, Nursing
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: General Subacute Nursing Admin
Position: Full Time
Req #: 619
Posted Date: Jun 09, 2021
Assistant Director, Nursing- Works with the Director of Nursing in organizing and administering the Department of Nursing; assumes responsibilities delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Assists in coordinating the activities of Nursing Services with other departments to achieve and maintain efficient and competent Nursing Service, and to promote and maintain harmonious relationships among personnel, medical staff, residents and others.
- Informs the Director of Nursing of activities and special problems related to nursing care of the residents. Assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department and has the authority in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Coordinates Rehab Nursing Program to improve the quality of life of all residents.
- Schedules and participates in Skin Care Rounds with the Medical Director and Dietary.
- Maintains statistics on pressure sores. · Serves as a member of the Quality Assurance & Assessment Committee.
- Assists in planning, developing, organizing and implementing departmental goals and objectives.
- Exhibits creativity and initiative in pursuing organizational and departmental growth and development.
- Assists in developing and/or revising departmental policies.
- Assist in developing and controlling budgeted expenses.
- Conducts and attends meetings as appropriate.
- Submits appropriate reports as required.
- Communicates effectively on all levels both orally and in writing.
- Maintains interdepartmental cooperation.
- Analyzes, evaluates and solves inter- and interdepartmental problems.
- Recommends solutions when necessary.
- Maintains and assures a Quality Assurance Program’s effectiveness.
- Insures all code and regulatory requirements are met.
- Establishes standards and work procedures for the nursing staff in accordance with established policies of the home.
- Provides assistance with resident care where applicable.
- Promotes the organizations and department’s image, philosophy and policies.
- Follows organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows assigned safety, security and fire procedures.
- Reports any accidents and dangerous situations immediately.
- Maintains confidentially of organizational and resident information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
2 Years of previous Nursing Supervisory experience. Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, Current BLS Certification from American Heart.
Graduate from an approved Nursing School, Bachelors Required, MSN Preferred
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.