Job Title: Assistant Medical Director
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Suffern, NY
Department: ED Physicians
Position: Full Time
Req #: 4456
Posted Date: Sep 23, 2022
The Emergency Department Assistant Medical Director is responsible for providing administrative support as well as medical care to patients of all ages presenting to the Emergency Department. This position will develop short/long term plans for on-going improvement of the clinical, operational, and administrative quality of the department. In addition, the Assistant Medical Director role will also include clinical time commitments.
- Prepares the clinical schedule for emergency department staff physicians and non-physician providers.
- Manages data collection for department metrics tracking.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement measures to ensure safe, quality, and efficient medical care.
- Manages matters related to patient satisfaction at the discretion of the Medical Director.
- Interfaces with community EMS agencies, providing education and support when necessary.
- Oversees the administration of the emergency department when the Medical Director is not available.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, and treats a broad array of acute and non-acute medical and psychiatric conditions in patients of all ages presenting for care in the Emergency Department.
- Works collaboratively with on-site emergency department non-physician providers (PAs/NPs).
- Orders and interprets clinically appropriate tests.
- Performs procedures within the scope of practice and expertise as defined by the delineation of privileges for emergency physicians.
- Consults with private physicians and/or hospitalists concerning patients in the Emergency Department.
- Provides safe discharge, admission, or transfer dispositions of patients in the emergency department.
- Coordinates outpatient referral and follow-up care plans for patients being discharged from the emergency department.
- Communicates diagnosis-specific education to patients and families/guardians.
- Coordinates inter-facility transfers for patients in need of services not offered at Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Provides medical control to paramedics and ambulance personnel.
- Supervises medical, PA, NP, and/or EMT/paramedic students during clinical practice in the emergency department setting.
- Uses an electronic medical record (EMR) to document patient encounters in a timely fashion, place orders for patient care, and view results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Prior emergency medicine leadership experience or completion of fellowship training in Emergency Department Administration. Proficiency in all procedures, techniques and skills listed in the delineation of privileges for Emergency Department Physicians.
Completion of at least three years of post-graduate training in Emergency Medicine.
Licenses / Certifications:
Current New York State License to practice medicine, active unrestricted DEA license to prescribe medications, board certified or board-eligible in Emergency Medicine.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.