Job Title: Assistant Nurse Manager
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Emergency Room
Position: Full Time
Req #: 4317
Posted Date: Sep 13, 2022
The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for effective leadership in the Emergency department. This position serves as a resource for Emergency Department nursing staff and functions as the administrative representative of the hospital, under the direction of the Nurse Manager.
- Serves as a role model for clinical and professional practice.
- Acts as an independent, self-directed professional with demonstrated abilities in interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and problem resolution to support the hospital’s needs.
- Promotes teamwork with all departments.
- Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires.
- Handles emergency situations per established protocol and contacts senior leadership as needed.
- Acts as a resource for Emergency Department Nursing staff.
- Assigns staff appropriately.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge base and decision making in the provision of nursing care for a designated patient population.
- Delivers concise accurate reports to peers, ancillary staff, and other health team members.
- Assesses and delivers nursing care in accordance with hospital policies and best practices.
- Completes reports required for the department, NYDOH, OEM, etc.
- Participates in quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Oversees emergency management of the organization in conjunction with the Nurse Manager.
- Assists the Nurse Manager with hiring, firing and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of five years in an Emergency Department clinical setting with preceptor and leadership qualities.
BSN required. Master’s degree in Nursing or other health related discipline preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Licensed by the State of New York as a Registered Nurse, BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certification.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.