Job Title: Asst Director, Suppport Svcs
Company: NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Department: Support Services- WMC Health
Position: Full Time
Req #: 36821
Posted Date: Sep 13, 2023
Hiring Range: $120,220 - $141,860
The Assistant Director of Support Services assist with managing the activities of Support Services including but not limited to Food & Nutrition Services, Environmental Services, Sustainability Efforts, Patient Transport & Courier, Linen Services, and other ancillary services for WMCHealth Network.
- Manages and assist in the coordinates of operational and administrative activities related to Support Services for Westchester Medical Center locations.
- Implements policies and practices for assigned areas to ensure compliance with Medical Center standards and external requirements.
- Manages and oversees the implementation of policies and practices in order to be in compliance with applicable accreditation standards and regulatory requirements.
- Participates and leads environment of care initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in Support Services operations and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison with department heads to ascertain departmental needs and works toward resolution of all issues related to Support Services departments.
- Promotes and provides quality customer service and proactively identifies and resolves customer issues.
- Monitors and evaluates quality improvement activities for assigned areas and collaborates with other departments for quality improvement initiative.
- Contributes to strategic planning and budget development for respective departments.
- Manages team performance, and analyzes performance against key performance indicators and metrics, fosters a collaborative environment to address performance deficiencies and provides coaching/mentoring to ensure the highest levels of individual and team performance.
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities to increase operational efficiencies.
- Undertakes special projects and assignments as directed.
- Develops operations strategy and oversees process improvement opportunities across respective departments that result in operational and patient satisfaction enhancements.
5 years in a supervisory or management level position in a hospital, which includes responsibility for overseeing the maintenance and setup of area, equipment and supplies in compliance with infection control requirements, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Good Knowledge in the following:
- modern institutional housekeeping practices and procedures
- regulations, standards and policies related to hospital environmental sanitation and infection control
- supplies and equipment used in institutional housekeeping and of their relative merits
- procedures, requirements and laws affecting purchasing and procurement, budgeting, and personnel management
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement