Job Title: ASU Technician
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Ambulatory Surgery
Union Name: 1199
Position: Full Time
Hours: 4 10 hour days
Shift: Day w/rotation
Req #: 34155
Posted Date: Mar 10, 2023
- Maintain Endoscopy equipment, set up Endoscopy rooms for procedures and perform nursing assistant functions in the Endo/ACU, as designated by Nurse Manager. To provide environmental / housekeeping maintenance within the guidelines of asepsis and under direct supervision of the Endoscopy/G.I. Services staff nurse.
- Housekeeping duties within the endoscopy procedure area.
- Cleans, prepares, and stocks endoscopy procedure rooms at the beginning and end of each day and between cases.
- Ensures that all endoscopy supplies/linen are maintained per par.
- Manually cleans and prepares scopes and accessories for high level disinfection.
- Processes and stores all equipment per manufacturer’s instructions and SGNA guidelines.
- Maintains AER and Medivator equipment, including filters and routine biological testing of solutions as per manufacturer’s guidelines. This includes routine testing of solutions as recommended.
- Identifies defects or damaged scopes/equipment and properly prepares scopes/equipment to be sent out for repair. Notifies nurse manager or charge nurse of any defects or damaged equipment.
- Completes and maintains all required logs.
- Assists with direct patient care, as needed, under the direction of nurse manager or staff nurse. This includes running errands, lifting, holding, positioning and transferring patients within safety guidelines.
- Assists with transporting patients to and from procedure rooms and applies required monitoring equipment to patient (BP cuff, EKG, and Pulse Ox).
- Attends unit/staff meetings.
- Maintains BLS certification and completes all mandatory educational unit requirements.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Previous health related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of asepses, housekeeping technique, universal precautions and functional knowledge of methods used to clean, sterilize and package surgical supplies. Knowledge of instrument names and ability to determine if malfunctioning.
- BLS required.