Job Title: Attending Physiatrist, Musculoskeletal Medicine
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Position: Full Time
Req #: 28963
Posted Date: Feb 07, 2022
Attending Physiatrist, Musculoskeletal Medicine
The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine is seeking a Physiatrist with fellowship training in interventional spine, pain management, or sports medicine to establish a full-time outpatient musculoskeletal practice. This position will report directly to the Director of Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Provide interventional spine / musculoskeletal physiatrist services, including the performance of all consultations, procedures, and other related services required by patients.
- Develop an interventional spine practice in rehabilitation medicine. Clinical services should include fluoroscopically-guided interventional procedures including epidural, facet and SI joint injections and axial nerve blocks.
- Develop an active outpatient musculoskeletal practice in rehabilitation medicine for the care of patients with neck and back pain, non-operative orthopedic-related injuries including sports injuries, and acute and chronic pain. Clinical services should include peripheral joint injections including intra—articular, tendon sheath and bursa, botulinum toxin injections, musculoskeletal ultrasound-guided procedures, and electrodiagnostic studies.
- Collaborate closely with other related specialties / clinical departments in the care of your patients.
- Participate in weeknight and weekend on-call coverage of the Inpatient rehab Unit on a rotating basis in general proportion to the number of physicians in the department
- Attend department grand rounds, journal clubs, and faculty meeting as required.
- Participate in Department of Rehabilitation Medicine committees as requested.
- Provide resident and other teaching services as reasonably required by the Director for residents and/or fellows.
- Work with the Graduate Medical Education Office to maintain full accreditation for, and work diligently to develop and improve, the residency program(s) as appropriate to Musculoskeletal Rehab services.
- Participate in the academic training of medical and other students and participate on NYMC or other academic affiliate committees as required, so as to maintain positive relationships with NYMC and any other Network academic affiliate.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC