Job Title: Authorization Specialist
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Coordination Of Care Departmnt
Position: Full Time
Req #: 952
Posted Date: Aug 13, 2021
The Authorization Specialist will specialize in insurance verification, authorization, perform medical necessity checks, pre-register and schedule patients for the Bon Secours Charity New York Market. Using a variety of Bon Secours patient information, related systems, assesses each case-related concern and resolves issues with regards to appointments, financial matters, and clearance for Outpatient Services.
- Shares information with appropriate personnel to ensure the smooth processing of patients’ appointments and information.
- Provides excellent customer service and adheres to the productivity and accuracy performance measures established for the department.
- Customer relations experience preferred. Extensive experience, and in-depth knowledge of insurance payor and plans with detail on authorization for invasive and non-invasive studies.
- Requires 2 – 4 years of experience in the healthcare field or in a related area.
- Requires experience assessing and solving customer problems by using excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills serving a variety of patients, departments and physician practices.
- Must possess a working knowledge of commonly used healthcare concepts, terminology, practices, and procedures with particular emphasis on Outpatient Services.
- Requires experience in utilization of skills specifically related to conflict management.
- Requires the knowledge necessary to use multiple software systems within Bon Secours.
- Requires demonstrated intermediate computer knowledge and the ability to utilize software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer, and additional software programs as implemented.
Associate degree or the equivalent combination of experience and training.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.