Job Title: Behavioral Health Care Mgr
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Case Management
Union Name: 1199
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 9am-5pm
Req #: 35271
Posted Date: May 11, 2023
- The Behavioral Health Care Manager supports the inpatient programs by implementation or investigation of the procedures in the Utilization Review and Discharge Planning program at Westchester Medical Center. In addition, the Behavioral Health Care Manager monitors length of stay and resource consumption of patients; evaluates, investigates and reports on hospital incidents; assists with developing procedures to improve patient care and meet the medical standards for patient care prescribed by accrediting, licensing and reimbursement agencies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Acute Behavioral Health clinical specialty.
- Three years of experiencewhere the primary function of the position was nursing in a hospital or health care agency, one year of which must have been at a leadership level, and one year of which must have been in either a hospital, health care agency or managed care company in the area of utilization review, quality assurance, risk management or discharge planning.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
- Substitution: Satisfactory completion of 30 credits at a recognized college or university in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree. Nursing program may be substituted for one year of the general nursing experience above.
- Possession of a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Department of Education as a Registered Professional Nurse
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Thorough knowledge of application of current nursing techniques and procedures, the New York State Nurse Practice Act, regulatory agency standards, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Office of Mental Health and Det Norske Veritas (DNV) standards.
- Ability to review, analyze and investigate Quality Assurance standards of patient care and identify deficiencies; collaborate with other areas of hospital operations and administration; communicate effectively both orally and written; set priorities and effectively use computer applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position, initiative; profession competence; sound judgment.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.