Job Title: Behavioral Health Therapist
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Mental Health
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-Th 10-6:30 Fri 9-5:30
Req #: 30268
Posted Date: May 11, 2022
The Behavioral Health Therapist is responsible for conducting clinical assessments and evaluations and delivering treatment services in individual and group formats consistent with the scope of practice of the incumbent. Treatment and therapy will be provided based upon the treatment plan developed by the multidisciplinary treatment team (PCP/LMHC/collaborating psychiatrist). This individual will work in partnership with the adult primary care practice. Role to include but not limited to, enhance screening, treatment and engagement within this population. The Mental Health Counselor will be a key member of the treatment team and its process.
- Evaluates patients for symptoms of mental disorders and behavioral problems, including mental status examination and psychosocial history and develop multi axial diagnoses
- Delivers recovery oriented psychosocial rehabilitation to individuals and groups.
- Provides clinical support and backup to other clinical staff as needed.
- Serves as a primary therapist to assigned patients.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team processes, including individualized treatment planning, case reviews, behavioral reviews and discharge planning.
- Works with patients and their families/caregivers in making psychiatric treatment plans effective and consults with community resources involved in patient's treatment plan.
- Leadership role in primary care staff training, case conferences, case presentations and training activities. · Educates primary care team on behavioral health and substance use screening tools.
- Documents screenings, evaluation and treatment activity, in connect care
- Provide training and consultation to treatment and direct care staff on therapeutic and milieu methods and procedures.
- Prepares patient records, required treatment records, and maintains required documentation of work activities.
- Administrative duties as a member of the treatment team including discipline specific reports, attending staff meetings and providing technical assistance. Review and sign off on charting and documentation made by unlicensed direct care staff.
- Consults with collaborating psychiatrist (WCMC) as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
3-5 years experience in a behavioral health setting.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Possession of a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Health Department, as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Special Requirements: Physical Requirements:
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC