Job Title: Billing Clerk
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Garnerville, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: RHVA - Cantor
Position: Full Time
Req #: 1179
Posted Date: Sep 29, 2021
The Biller oversees the preparation and timely processing of accounts receivable invoices of assigned patient accounts which may include Medicaid, charity care, third party-payers, and self-pay accounts, follows up on past due accounts, and posts third party reimbursements in accordance with established regulatory requirements. This position responds to inquiries and provides information to patients, patient’s family, departmental staff, and insurance representatives.
- Maintains financial accounts on automated systems.
- Responds to inquiries from patients, patient’s family, departmental staff, insurance representatives, and third party payers in writing or by telephone.
- Corrects and trends electronic denials and suspended and rejected claims from Medicaid or third party payers.
- Investigates and resolves account discrepancies and determines potential insurance/patient refunds.
- Investigates denials, follows up with additional information, and rebills or adjusts as necessary.
- Performs cash posting duties and posts vouchers from various commercial insurance companies; identifies and corrects errors, verifies posting when receipt received from cash.
- Photocopies and refers denials for follow up.
- Maintains electronic and manual financial records related to payments from patients.
- Prepares cash and checks for deposit, and maintains records of deposits.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Effectively uses automated systems to perform work assignments
- Various front desk duties, such as answering phone and scheduling appointments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum two years experience in medical billing and customer service in a healthcare setting including utilization of medical billing computer software required. Experience in researching patient accounts and reconciling accounts receivable issues with finance department required. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party regulations, billing systems.
A high school diploma or equivalency required
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.