Job Title: Billing Clerk
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Montebello, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: HH Billing
Position: Full Time
Req #: 1724
Posted Date: Dec 03, 2021
The Billing Clerk is responsible for oversight of the billing accounts receivable, which includes timely and accurate billing practices and follow up. This position is also responsible for the timely and accurate posting of third party reimbursement.
- Follows-up – on government payors, managed care and commercial insurances
- Searches web and/or make phone call to payor for denials and payments.
- Prints A/R for assigned insurances
- Ensures billing process is completed timely and accurately.
- Imports files- Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial (daily)
- Works claims in Xactimed (Daily)
- Runs and prepares the cash reports and Home Care billings report (Daily)
- Resolves billing batch error reports
- Obtains necessary authorizations for care that will be provided
- Participates with teams involved with process improvements
- Completes assigned tasks in appropriate time frames. Demonstrates ability to adjust to variation in workload
- Requires in-depth knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party regulations, billing systems and proficiency with personal computers.
- Experience in researching patient accounts and reconciling accounts receivable problems with the accounting department required.
- Communicates appropriate information to supervisors and co-workers in a timely and accurate manner.
Minimum two years’ experience in outpatient billing.
High school or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.