Job Title: Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
Position: Full Time
Hours: On call required
Req #: 21324
Posted Date: Jan 05, 2021
The Special Procedures/Cardiac Catheterization Technologist consults with the Radiologist/ Cardiologist regarding procedures to be performed on patients of all types. Performs daily and/or weekly quality control on Angiography equipment as required. Serves as a positive role model, while working in collaboration with all levels of departmental personnel.
- Minimum of two  years progressive technical experience in Diagnostic Radiology
- Minimum of three  months training in the performance of Special Procedures
- Completion of an approved ARRT program in Radiology.
- CPR certification
- Registered Radiographic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists.
- Current License by New York State Department of Health.
- Appropriate Federal, State and local licensing requirements.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a health care team member.
- Demonstrated skills necessary to perform teaching and leadership duties as required within the job description.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in stressful situations.
- The ability to effectively deal with patients, employees, physicians, other
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.