Job Title: Cardiovascular Technician
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 783
Posted Date: Jun 29, 2021
The scrub technician assists physicians performing all interventional radiology procedures in the Department of Radiology.These procedures include but are not limited to: peripheral angiography (+/- angioplasty and stenting) and related interventions in these peripheral procedures; all arterial and venous vascular procedures (e.g., A-fistuloplasty, Perm-a-cath insertions, IVC filter insertions and removals, peripherally inserted central catheters) and gastrostomy, jejunostomy and nephrostomy procedures.
The scrub technician functions as a team member of the patient care team during interventional procedures in Radiology, working under the direction of the registered nurse, interventional physician, anesthesiologist, or nurse anesthetist.
- Acts as first assistant during diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Operates and maintains all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
- Competent in preparing for and assisting in both aseptic and sterile procedures, and in maintaining the sterile field.
- Competent in manipulating catheters, sheaths, and wires during interventional procedures.
- Competent in pulling intravascular sheaths and maintaining hemostasis.
- Orders equipment and responsible for maintaining department inventory and supplies.
- Utilizes Lawson and Q-sight systems to maintain department inventory.
- Participates in department QI, QA activities.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides patient care to adults and geriatrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Previous clinical experience in either interventional Radiology or Cardiac Catheterization Lab including ability to scrub interventional procedures.
Formal education in surgical technology and certificate from a college of technical school.CST preferred.
BLS certification required.
Excellent technical, organizational, and customer service skills.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.