Job Title: Care Manager
Company: Margaretville Hospital
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: EMS Education
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 9am-5pm
Req #: 32353
Posted Date: Oct 19, 2022
The care manager is a grant-funded, fulltime position responsible for creating individualized care plans for patients. The care manager will ensure all healthcare providers involved are up-to-date with case information and collaborate with patients' families, friends, and caretakers to effectively share information. The care manager will continually develop a network of quality providers and keep accurate patient records, linking patients to community programs and entitlements, such as housing services and self-management programs. To ensure success, the care manager will guide patients through the healthcare system and cultivate relationships with healthcare providers with the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment and have excellent negotiation skills.
- 2+ years of work experience in public health or related field.
- 1+ years of current case management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, social work, nursing, or a related field and/or Registered Nurse (RN) license.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Certified case manager (CCM) license preferred.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to travel locally.
- Spanish-speaking, a plus
Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County’s most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It provides emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.