Job Title: Care Partner
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Med-Surg - 3 Loria
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 140
Posted Date: Apr 15, 2021
The Care Partner is responsible for providing personal care and treatment of hospital patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsibilities involve the performance of clinical support functions and patient care techniques and preparation of patients for treatment and operating procedures. The Care Partner performs specialized patient care duties to support the needs of the department.
- Prepares and assists with medical procedures as directed.
- Performs specialized patient care related to the area of specialty (e.g., prepares and assists with minor procedure set up, prepares casts, assists surgical team).
- Assists patient in dressing or undressing, bathing, and eating.
- Reports changes or problems in patient condition to professional nursing staff.
- Collects or assists in the collection of specimens for testing and analysis.
- Obtains and records vital signs and weight.
- Performs accu-checks, and oral and nasal suctioning.
- Prepares supplies and environment prior to and after care.
- Ensures adequate inventory of equipment and supplies in patient care area.
- May assist with admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Transports patients to units and ancillary departments for testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years of experience in a medical, hospital or health care setting which involved patient care related duties is preferred. Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) in New York State preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalency required
OTHER: The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.