Job Title: Care Partner
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Med-Surg 2
Position: Full Time
Req #: 1557
Posted Date: Nov 24, 2021
The Care Partner’s Primary Function/General Purpose of Position Provides direct patient care to a specific group of patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Participates in care of patient as applicable.
- Participates in discharge care of patients.
- Communicates identified deficiencies/problems to the appropriate nurse.
- Maintains one-to-one observation on designated patients once CPI has been completed.
- Feeds patients or provides assistance as needed and communicates pertinent information to the nurse. (i.e.) poor appetite.
- Maintains knowledge of special diets and dietary restrictions as directed by the nurse.
- Records calorie count information when ordered.
- Assists patient in selecting menu items compatible with prescribed diet.
- Delivers accurate report to R.N., peers and other health team members.
- Performs tasks and reports findings to nurse.
- Utilizes equipment according to GSH protocol and at the direction of a nurse.
- Obtains, documents and reports to nurse non-invasive vital signs as directed: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration and pain scale.
- Measures, records and reports to nurse intake and output. I&O consists of: drainage, PO intake, output urine/bowel/emesis.
- Completes elimination procedures: bedpan, urinal, catheter, fecal incontinence collector and reports to nurse.
- Performs electrocardiograms as directed and, as necessary, performs “downloading” of EKGs in EKG Department.
- Application and removal of anti-embolism stockings and sequential compression devices under the direction of nurse.
- Performs blood glucose monitoring and quality controls and reports to nurse as directed (on designated units).
- Correctly enters patient medical record # in glucose meter.
- Assists patients with personal care including bathing, oral hygiene, care of hair/nails.
- Changes bed linen per protocol.
- Administers sitz baths.
- Assembles and maintains traction.
- Performs surgical/cardiac catheterization skin prep procedures.
- Administration of enemas per policy.
- Use of ice bag/ice collar.
- Proper patient identification and collection of specimens: urine, stool, sputum and timely transport of specimens.
- Performs ostomy care as directed by nurse including emptying/changing and reapplication of ostomy bag.
- Performs appropriate skin care, Stage I and Stage II pressure ulcer care as directed by nurse and reports findings to nurse.
- Utilizes therapeutic bed/mattress pressure relieving devices appropriately at the direction of the nurse.
- Application of warm moist compresses at the direction of the nurse.
- Performs oral suctioning as part of mouth care at the direction of the nurse.
- Performs post-mortem care.
- Assists in patient emergencies as directed by the nurse. i.e.: Brain STAT, Heart STAT.
- Properly and safely performs all patient transfers utilizing correct body mechanics.
Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and staff both orally and in writing. Completion of AHA – BLS Healthcare Provider Course Successful completion of Good Samaritan Hospital’s Care Partner Orientation program including classroom and clinical components. Validation of required performance skills. Previous experience in delivery of health care preferred.
High School Diploma.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.