Job Title: Care Partner
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Emergency Room
Position: Part Time
Hours: 3p-11p /11p-7a
Req #: 1947
Posted Date: Jan 06, 2022
The Care Partner provides direct patient care to a specific group of patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Transports patients to units and ancillary departments for testing.
- Promptly notifies licensed nursing personnel of situations which require immediate attention.
- Maintains one-to-one observation of designated patients once PMCS course has been completed.
- Assists with application of restraints.
- Assists with patient, toileting, personal hygiene and assistance with meals.
- Performs 12 lead EKG and connects cardiac bedside monitoring, as directed by RN.
- Obtains and records vital signs.
- Collects, appropriately labels and transports urine/stool specimens to laboratory.
- Delivers accurate report to RN, peers and other health team members.
- Performs regular patient rounds.
- Maintains storage areas in a neat organized fashion and replaces supplies.
- Prepares supplies and environment prior to and after care.
- Provides post-mortem care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience in delivery of health care preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Completion of AHA – BLS Healthcare Provider Course, successful completion of Care Partner Orientation program including classroom and clinical components. Completion of PMCS course.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.