Job Title: Care Partner
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Position: Part Time
Req #: 5673
Posted Date: Mar 01, 2023
The Care Partner assists in implementation of treatment as applicable. Communicates identified deficiencies/problems to appropriate personnel. Promptly notifies nursing personnel of situations. Maintains observation of designated patients.
- Prepares and assists with medical procedures as directed.
- Performs specialized patient care related to the area of specialty (e.g., prepares and assists with minor procedure set up, prepares casts, assists surgical team).
- Assists patient in dressing or undressing, bathing, and eating.
- Reports changes or problems in patient condition to professional nursing staff.
- Collects or assists in the collection of specimens for testing and analysis.
- Obtains and records vital signs and weight. · Performs accu-checks, and oral and nasal suctioning.
- Prepares supplies and environment prior to and after care.
- Ensures adequate inventory of equipment and supplies in patient care area.
- May assist with admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Transports patients to units and ancillary departments for testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Completion of Good Samaritan Hospital’s Care Partner Orientation Program including classroom and clinical components. Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and staff both orally and in writing.
High School Diploma Experience: Previous experience in the delivery of healthcare, preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.