Job Title: Carpenter
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Req #: 6020
Posted Date: Apr 04, 2023
The Carpenter is responsible for performance of general construction and carpentry woodwork throughout the hospital and its network of buildings.
· Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for framing, door installation, flooring, and sheet rock.
· Performs preventative maintenance on doors for both manual and automatic.
· Conducts repairs and new construction with specialized tools.
· Installs doors, flooring, and wall as directed by the carpentry foreman.
· Collaborates with contractors, constructions workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installation and renovation of all hospital spaces.
· Analyzes problems and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repairs.
· Chooses materials based on budget, location and intended uses of building.
· Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Member in good standing with the Union Local 279
High School Diploma required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.