Job Title: CASAC
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Chemical Dependency
Position: Full Time
Hours: 9-5; some weekends
Req #: 3512
Posted Date: Jun 17, 2022
The CASAC is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients on assigned caseload. This position conducts psychosocial evaluations, psychoeducational groups, participates in formulating patient treatment plans in conjunction with other team members and maintains adequate patient records. In addition, the CASAC performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed.
- Creates timely treatment plans and screening evaluations that suit the developmental needs for each patient per OASAS regulations.
- Performs concise and complete psychosocial assessments including clinical impression and plans for intervention.
- Utilizes OASAS Level of Care for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral (LOCADTR) tool to determine appropriate level of care and treatment.
- Provides individual, couple, family, and group clinical treatment as required.
- Works with patient/family to formulate and review treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in effective management of emergencies and adjusts established work plans as needed.
- Uses individualized treatment approaches in dealing with needs presented by patients/families.
- Establishes appropriate discharge plans for the patient based on appropriate level of care.
- Makes appropriate referrals to adult protective services or child protective services.
- Provides education in regards to substance abuse disorders for patient(s) and family members.
- Seeks supervision when required for clinical work and recognizes transference issues.
- Educates other hospital staff, staff at other agencies, patients, and community members about the range of behavioral health services available at Bon Secours Community Hospital and within the community.
- Protects customer rights confidentiality through written, oral and electronic communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of one-year chemical dependency experience. CASAC
High School Diploma or equivalency.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.