Job Title: Case Manager
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Chemical Dependency
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 3137
Posted Date: May 10, 2022
The Case Manager serves as a member of treatment team and is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients in his/her assigned caseload. This includes psychosocial evaluations; providing individual substance abuse counseling; leads therapy groups; participates in formulating patient treatment plans in conjunction with other team members; participates in discharge planning and participates in family therapy sessions. The Case Manager also performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed and maintains contact with referral sources during patient’s treatment. Additionally, he/she participates in QA/CQI and outcome measures.
- Assesses and treats patients of all ages, including neonates, child, adolescents, adults and geriatric.
- Understands the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological processes for all ages.
- Treatment reflects an understanding of the developmental needs for each patient.
- Performs concise and complete psych-social assessment including clinical impression and plan for intervention.
- Provides individual, couple, family, group clinical treatment as required and utilizes clinical decisions based on sound knowledge and judgment.
- Works with patient/family to formulate and review treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in effective management of emergencies and/or pressures which interfere with established work plan.
- Uses individualized treatment approaches in dealing with needs presented by patients/families.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient grievance mechanisms and ability to assist patients in utilizing these procedures.
- Reports suspected cases of child abuse or neglect and assists others in this process.
- Makes appropriate referrals to adult protective services.
- Intervenes in issues of domestic violence while preserving the safety of actual or potential victims of violence.
- Provides education in regards to substance abuse disorders for patient(s) and family members.
- Ensures patients/visitors are oriented to hospital.
- Seeks supervision when required for clinical work and demonstrates ability to utilize supervision including recognition of transference and counter – transference issues, as needed.
- Provides field instruction to counseling interns.
- Educates other hospital staff, staff at other agencies and the general public about the range of behavioral health services available at Bon Secours Charity facilities.
- Leads clinical or administrative meetings and documents as required.
- Participates in the development, application and evaluation of clinical standards, policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
1 year of chemical dependency experience. Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) preferred
Bachelor’s degree required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.