Job Title: Case Manager (MSW)
Company: Mount Alverno Center
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Subacute Social Services
Position: Part Time
Req #: 3238
Posted Date: May 27, 2022
The Case Manager (MSW) is responsible for providing social work services to patients and families to identify and resolve problems that impede discharge planning or the patient’s use of health care resources.This position involves extensive contact with patient, families, physicians, nursing, ancillary staff, and internal/external resources. This position requires documentation of all interventions and services provided.
- Assesses and evaluates patients, adults to geriatric age group, to assist with discharge planning.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to adult and geriatric patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Intervenes with patients and families regarding emotional, social, and financial consequences of illness and/or disability.
- Works directly with patients and families exhibiting complex family dynamics that impact directly on patient care.
- Determines appropriate psychosocial interventions involving, but not limited to, abuse/neglect cases, domestic violence, guardianship, and mental health issues.
- Accesses and mobilizes family/community resources to meet identified needs.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing, and other members of the multidisciplinary team to promote care coordination; attends multidisciplinary rounds daily.
- Maintains timely and consistent documentation at the time of admission, concurrently, and for all interventions provided to the patient and family.
- Serves as a resource to staff for complex cases.
- Organizes assigned caseload and set priorities appropriately.
- Utilize appropriate Social Work techniques to identify resources and services.
- Exhibits positive customer relations and communication skills with staff, physicians, patients and families, ancillary departments and the community.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
One year experience in a health care setting; hospital preferred. Must maintain a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Education Department, as a Licensed Master Social Worker (MSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or RN License.
Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work Preferred.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Mount Alverno Center