Job Title: Case Manager (RN)
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Care Management
Position: Full Time
Req #: 185
Posted Date: May 29, 2021
The Case Manager (RN) is responsible for implementing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the Case Management programs at Bon Secours Charity Health System. This position manages activities necessary to ensure appropriate utilization of the Hospital and its resources while maintaining optimal standards of patient care.
- Oversees the patient assessment process within the Case Management department to identify pertinent/potential patient problems.
- Addresses needs of the patients through direct interaction with the staff, physicians, patient’s, and families including screening/reviewing of the patient’s medical records.
- Determines appropriateness of admission and severity of illness compared to pre-established criteria standards utilized by all third party payors.
- Monitors the collaboration with multidisciplinary care management team regarding the individualization of the patient care plan in order to promote efficient use of hospital resources, facilitate timely discharges, and promote quality care.
- Oversees the collection of clinical data, based on predetermined quality and outcome indicators developed by the medical staff, case management director and administration.
- Provides orientation/mentoring to staff, completes scheduling, and evaluations within the Case Management department.
- Performs other related duties for the Case Management department.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Current licensure in the State of New York as a Registered Nurse. Three years of nursing experience in a hospital or healthcare agency required. One year of utilization review, quality assurance, risk management, or discharge planning experience in a hospital, health care agency, or managed care company. One year of leadership experience preferred.
A Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, preferred
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.