Job Title: Cat Scan Specialist
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: CT Scanner
Position: Per Diem
Req #: 36288
Posted Date: Aug 07, 2023
Hiring Range: 41.65-52.36/Hr
The Cat Scan Specialist consults with the Radiologist regarding procedures to be performed on patients of all types. In addition, the Cat Scan Specialist also performs daily and/or weekly Quality Control on Cat Scan equipment as required. Serves as a positive role model, while working in collaboration with all levels of departmental personnel. Job
- Independently performs quality control procedures at the designated intervals on imaging and ancillary equipment to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Joint Commission standards of care.
- Competently operates all units of the section’s imaging equipment while performing high-quality procedures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reviews medical record for patient history while gleaning pertinent clinical information. Shares appropriate or any unusual information with radiologists. Transfers patient to imaging table, explains procedure and position the patient according to protocol.
- Assists in the movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers and beds to and from imaging equipment/tables. Assists other staff/departments.
- Performs preceptor responsibilities for new hires and when needed, willingly instructs medical staff, and students regarding technical procedures and unit operations.
- Confirms patient identification by using at least two forms of identification as designated according to hospital policy.
- Performs procedures in a timely fashion. Takes the initiative to co-ordinate workflow.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, other staff, and self according to prescribed department safety standards.
- Tracks and verifies all studies performed and sentto PACS/Radiologist in a timely manner.
- Practices sterile technique so as to prevent crosscontamination to patients, equipment and instruments.
- Adheres to all standards of patient care.
- Assists Radiologist, Nursing and/or any otherPhysician in the performance of procedures as required.
- Restocks and maintains cleanliness of assignedworkstation / equipment assigned.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of all applicable aspects of the Radiology Information System (RIS), Clinical Information System (CIS), PACS and other computer systems unique to each imaging section. Provides guidance and training to other hospital staff as needed.
- Assists in filing, retrieving and copying patient reports/films according to department Policies and Procedures.
- Actively participates in the adherence to alldepartmental budgets
- Promotes the effective utilization of departmentsupplies.
- Reports problems or concerns to the proper administrative personnel within the Imaging Services Department within specific time frames.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and documentation as required by department Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and/ or read and signs department meetings as required.
- Collaborates, communicates and problem solves regularly with other divisions of the department, and establish ongoing lines of communication with other Hospital departments. Works pro-actively with other Hospital departments to facilitate patient access to the scheduling of examinations. Makes recommendations for process or quality improvement.
- Performs all requested tasks/responsibilities as may be assigned by the proper administrative personnel within the Imaging Services Department within specified time frames.
- Performs on-call duties and / or works variable shifts as assigned to meet the needs of the department. Volunteers for additional shifts/call.
- Obtains at least 12 continuing education credits per year.
- Demonstrates effective decision making in clinical situations. Brings to the attention of Managers issues that may interfere with safe and effective patient care and makes recommendations to resolve or correct.
- Works effectively and efficiently during stressfulconditions. Recognizes needs and assists others during stressful situations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all current Imaging procedures and trends.
- Actively participates in ongoing departmental services development and implementation.
- Acts as a resource to physicians, nursing, and other staff concerning imaging procedures.
Minimum of two (2) years progressive technical experience in Diagnostic Radiology. Minimum of three (3) months training in the performance of Cat scan procedures. Education and Training: Completion of an approved ARRT program in Radiology. CPR certification. License, Certification and Registration: Registered in Cat Scan by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists preferred. Registered Radiographic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists. Current License by New York State Department of Health. Appropriate Federal, State and local licensing requirements. Other Requirements: The ability to effectively deal with patients, employees, physicians, other healthcare providers and visitors. Meets the requirements established by Employee Health Services. Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a health care team member. Demonstrated skills necessary to perform teaching and leadership duties as required within the job description. Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in stressful situations.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.