Job Title: Central Service Aide
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Department: Central Supply
Position: Per Diem
Hours: Mon-Fri plus on-call
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 2263
Posted Date: Feb 23, 2022
The Central Service Aide provides medical supplies and instruments to departments, including unloading and stocking of equipment in accordance with established procedures, infection control standards, industry standards. The Aide also sets up, operates, maintains, and makes minor repairs to specialized equipment and monitors and replenishes inventory of specialized supplies.
- Picks up used instruments, and equipment from all hospital nursing units.
- Delivers reprocessed or cleaned instruments and equipment to all nursing units.
- Assists in maintaining stock levels in central service.
- Wraps, bags, labels and dates supplies for sterilization.
- Assists technician in putting away departmental supplies.
- Restocks supply of wrappers and equipment in autoclave room.
- Assists with routine cleaning of the department.
- Assists with keeping accurate sterilization records.
- Keeps operating room manager aware of any supply needs and any equipment failure or malfunction.
- Restocks all operating rooms trays with appropriate supplies (e.g., screws, plates, wires).
- Attends departmental meetings and pertinent in-service education programs.
- Maintains safe, orderly work areas and work practices.
- Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum one year experience in Central Sterile Services preferred. Central Service Technician Certification from an accredited organization
A high school diploma or equivalency required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.