Job Title: Central Sterile Technician
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Central Supply
Union Name: 1199 - UHCWE
Position: Full Time
Hours: 75 biweekly
Req #: 6941
Posted Date: Aug 29, 2023
Hiring Range: $26.45
The Central Sterile Services Technician is responsible for performing sterilization procedures on medical instruments and equipment in accordance established procedures, infection control standards, industry standards, recommended practices on sterilization and regulatory requirements. The Technician sets up instrument sets according to the instructions for use, operates and maintains specialized equipment, and monitors and replenishes inventory of specialized supplies.
- Reprocesses and assembles specialized instruments and equipment utilized in the operative areas.
- Lifts and carries heavy items weighing up to 50lbs and transports to designated areas.
- Identifies, maintains, and prepares the instruments and equipment to ensure availability when required.
- Operates specialized equipment; washers, steam sterilizers, STERRAD sterilizers and decontamination equipment such as ultrasonic equipment, sinks, air equipment HLD equipment.
- Tests steam sterilizers and washers on a regular basis and documents required information and maintain records.
- Ensures correct inventory numbers and restocks equipment and supplies as needed.
- Scan instrument sets utilizing current programs available in CS department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must require having a Central Service Technician Certification from an accredited organization such as IAHCSMM or the CBSPD boards or equivalent. Two years' experience in Central Service preferred. Current staff working under the NY State Law A00878 hired for a cumulative period of one year, occurring within the four years immediately prior to the effective date of this law (January 1, 2015) who are not certified are grand-fathered to the position and must provide 10CEUs per calendar year.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.