Job Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: St. Joseph's Place
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 226
Posted Date: May 10, 2021
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) is responsible for performing various direct patient care activities in a long-term care environment under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. CNAs employed in long-term care facilities assist, encourage, and comfort patients who are suffering from chronic physical or mental disorders on a recurring or on-going basis.
- Prepares and assists with medical procedures as directed.
- Assists patient in dressing or undressing, bathing, and eating.
- Reports changes or problems in patient condition to professional nursing staff.
- Collects or assists in the collection of specimens for testing and analysis.
- Obtains and records vital signs and weight.
- Performs accu-checks, and oral and nasal suctioning.
- Collects and labels specimens.
- Prepares supplies and environment prior to and after care.
- Ensures adequate inventory of equipment and supplies in patient care area.
- May assist with admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Transports patients to units and ancillary departments for testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years of experience in a medical, hospital or health care setting which involved patient care related duties is preferred.Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) in New York State required.BLS required.
A high school diploma or equivalency required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St. Joseph's Place
St Josephs Place offers 24-hour nursing care, long term and short term rehabilitation, tracheotomy care, head trauma care, respiratory care, and psychological services in a comfortable setting that our residents can call “home.” Become part of a team of highly trained, experienced Physicians, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Registered Dieticians, Certified Nursing Assistants, Activities Personnel, Social Workers and Pastoral Care Providers
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Josephs Place will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.