Job Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: St. Joseph's Place
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 5069
Posted Date: Dec 05, 2022
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and treatment of hospital patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsibilities involve the performance of clinical support functions and patient care techniques and preparation of patients for treatment and operating procedures. The Nurse Aide performs specialized patient care duties to support the needs of the department.
- Prepares and assists with medical procedures as directed.
- Performs specialized patient care related to the area of specialty (e.g., prepares and assists with minor procedure set up, prepares casts, assists surgical team).
- Assists patient in dressing or undressing, bathing, and eating.
- Reports changes or problems in patient condition to professional nursing staff.
- Collects or assists in the collection of specimens for testing and analysis.
- Obtains and records vital signs and weight.
- Performs accu-checks, and oral and nasal suctioning.
- Prepares supplies and environment prior to and after care.
- Ensures adequate inventory of equipment and supplies in patient care area.
- May assist with admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Transports patients to units and ancillary departments for testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years of experience in a medical, hospital or health care setting which involved patient care related duties is preferred. Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) in New York State preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalency required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St. Joseph's Place
St Josephs Place offers 24-hour nursing care, long term and short term rehabilitation, tracheotomy care, head trauma care, respiratory care, and psychological services in a comfortable setting that our residents can call “home.” Become part of a team of highly trained, experienced Physicians, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Registered Dieticians, Certified Nursing Assistants, Activities Personnel, Social Workers and Pastoral Care Providers.