Job Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: SNF-TCU - Briar
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 695
Posted Date: Jun 15, 2021
***SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE***
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) is responsible for performing various direct patient care activities in a long-term care environment under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. CNAs employed in long-term care facilities assist, encourage, and comfort patients who are suffering from chronic physical or mental disorders on a recurring or on-going basis.
- Prepares and assists with medical procedures as directed.
- Assists patient in dressing or undressing, bathing, and eating.
- Reports changes or problems in patient condition to professional nursing staff.
- Collects or assists in the collection of specimens for testing and analysis.
- Obtains and records vital signs and weight.
- Performs accu-checks, and oral and nasal suctioning.
- Collects and labels specimens.
- Prepares supplies and environment prior to and after care.
- Ensures adequate inventory of equipment and supplies in patient care area.
- May assist with admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Transports patients to units and ancillary departments for testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years of experience in a medical, hospital or health care setting which involved patient care related duties is preferred.Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) in New York State required.BLS required.
A high school diploma or equivalency required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.