Job Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Part Time
Hours: 1pm-9pm alt.weekends
Req #: 1110
Posted Date: Aug 27, 2021
The Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for performing all necessary functions to ensure optimal use of medications to achieve specific outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life, under direct supervision of a pharmacist, as prescribed by law and regulation for New York State and in accordance with the objectives, planning, and directives assigned to the areas of responsibility assigned by the Director.
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist: Prepares medications for delivery to patients, repackages medications, delivers medications to patient care areas and utilizes PARx to refill automated dispensing machines.
- Performs all functions necessary for Pyxis machines, including but not limited to, refilling, loading/unloading, managing inventory, managing outdated inventory, troubleshooting and regular physical maintenance.
- Performs all necessary steps for maintaining departmental inventory including: order supplies and medications, receive/process supplies and medications, return supplies and medications, ensure supplies and medications are within expiration dating and restock supplies and medication storage areas as needed.
- Maintains departmental records in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring 340B program Compliance.
- Assists in maintaining 797 Compliance for the Sterile IV room including: performs daily equipment cleaning and performs sterile area cleaning.
- Performs monthly nursing unit inspections.
- Performs all functions specific to their assigned user role in Epic including: generates daily computer reports, process patient charges and credits accurately and message processing (inbox and anesthesia).
- Communicates interdepartmentally and intradepartmental via telephone, computer, or physically to assist in medication distribution process and daily pharmacy processes.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Experience as a pharmacy technician is required, experience with automated dispensing machines preferred. Technician certification preferred (PTCB)
Experience as a pharmacy technician is required, experience with automated dispensing machines preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
Licenses / Certifications: Technician certification required (PTCB).
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.