Job Title: Certified Recovery Peer Advocate
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Broadway Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Full Time
Req #: 16914
Posted Date: Apr 14, 2020
Participates as a member of the clinical team providing services to people with substance use disorder and linking them to needed services and resources. Peers use their shared personal lived experience to promote clients’ recovery, offering support, advocacy, and opportunities for development of skills. The majority of participant contacts take place face-to-face in the community. Documentation of services provided is a component of this work. Peers must be certified.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years work or volunteer experience in a recovery-oriented setting.
- At least one year volunteer or paid work experience as a Recovery Coach or a Provisional CRPA.
- NYS Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA)or NYS CRPA Provisional Status
- Lived experience in substance abuse and recovery.
- Willingness to disclose lived substance use and recovery experience.
- Knowledge of substance use disorder recovery process.
- Computer competent.
- Culturally competent.