Job Title: Chemical Dependency Therapist II
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Chemical Depend Svc
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Weekend, Evening, Night
Req #: 35183
Posted Date: Jul 07, 2023
Hiring Range: $28.75-$36.14/Hr
Directly provides counseling, case management and other chemical dependencytreatment services to meet the social and emotional needs of patients and their family members. Provides clinical supervision as assigned. Knows, interprets and implements the policies and objectives of the Hospital, OASAS and DNV as well as departmental operating guidelines. Job
- A Chemical Dependency Therapist II independently provides a variety of therapeutic modalities to patients utilizing interventions consistent with TTP philosophy of patient care. This includes individual counseling, group therapy and lectures. Quality is determined by direct observations by supervisor and/or senior staff utilizing TTP measurement tools: (Individual Counseling Skills, Group Therapy Skills, Lecturing Skills)
- A Chemical Dependency Therapist II provides individualized treatment plans and treatment plan reviews to patients.Timeliness of treatment plans and treatment plan reviews is indicated during chart reviews. Chart reviews are conducted monthly and scores are averaged for the evaluation period. Quality of treatment plans is determined by supervisor, utilizing TTP measurement tools.
- A Chemical Dependency Therapist II maintains contact with referents, utilizing them for recommendations regarding behavioral difficulties and continuing care plans.Timeliness for referent contacts is indicated on the Referent Contact Sheet, which is reviewed during chart reviews. Chart reviews are conducted monthly.
- A Chemical Dependency Therapist II accurately and legibly prepares and keeps current a case record for each assigned patient. Chart reviews are conducted monthly and scores are averaged for the evaluation period.
- Participates in Unit Quality Improvement activities.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision for trainees in the field ofchemical dependency including review and countersigning case record documentation, reports and correspondence, conducts individual and/or group supervision sessions and provides verbal and written feedback to supervisors and credentialing authorities whereappropriate, related to their professional development.
- Attends a minimum of two conferences on ChemicalDependency Treatment per year and provides an in-service on each. Provides more than two in-services per year.
- Fulfills the role of Family Therapist, providing intervention, links to community services and therapy when required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- At a minimum, Chemical Dependence Education preferred.
- Masters degree in Social Science field.
- Two hundred hours of approved alcohol/chemical dependency education.
- Must have LCSW; LMHC; LMSW 3 yrs of experience preferred.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills function as a team member.
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, function independently as a case manager.
- Proven ability to function as group therapy facilitator and lecturer.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain professional and personal boundaries in a therapeutic relationship and within the milieu.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.