Job Title: Chemotherapy RN
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Goshen, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Goshen Medical Assoc
Position: Part Time
Hours: varies 8 hr day
Req #: 7179
Posted Date: Sep 29, 2023
Hiring Range: $36.49 - $45.86
A Chemotherapy Nurse coordinates delivery of patient care and performs professional nursing duties related to the treatment and medical care of oncology patients receiving chemotherapy. Prepares patients and administers specialized treatment as directed by medical staff and in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Collects and reviews comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health and history to determine suitability for specialized protocols related to diagnosis and the patient’s status.
- Administers medications safely as prescribed by the medical clinicians and in accordance with standards of care and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors patients as they receive chemotherapy treatments and reports and resolves any difficulties or adverse reactions.
- Interviews patients to perform primary and secondary patient assessments and maintains documentation in the medical record in accordance with established procedures.
- Documents changes and omissions of the identified treatment plan in the Medical Record.
- Communicates patient information in a timely manner and prepares and submits updated reports to other departments and clinicians as necessary in the course of treatment.
- Performs all aspects of IV therapy, i.e., hydration, chemotherapy/biotherapy and blood products in accordance with established patient safety and professional nursing procedures.
- Identifies expected outcomes and possible interventions for an individualized plan of care and communicates same to patients, family and other multidisciplinary team members including providing information on cancer, cancer treatments and protocols and side effects of such treatment.
- Acts as liaison with specialized departments such as Laboratories to ensure timely receipt of lab results and prepared medications.
- Implements infection control processes in order to reduce transmission of infection and reports data related to surveillance and prevention of infection in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains proficiency in specialized competencies through required in-service and ongoing educational programs.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
1-3 Years experience in a medical/surgical/acute care setting preferred.
BSN from an accredited College.
Licenses / Certifications:
Current NYS Registered Nurse license. ONS Chemotherapy/ Biotherapy certification required within 1 year of employment. Current BLS required.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement