Job Title: Chief of Clinical Pathology
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Position: Full Time
Req #: 31946
Posted Date: Sep 20, 2022
Advanced Physician Services, PC, the Academic Practice of the WMCHealth Network seeks a full-time board-certified Clinical Pathologist to join our Department of Pathology as Chief of Clinical Pathology.The candidate is expected to provide leadership and oversee all aspects of clinical laboratory operations and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of CAP, NY State Department of Health, and other applicable regulatory agencies. Experience/expertise in Lab Informatics is preferred. The candidate will also support institutional academic and scholarly missions, and participate in providing education and training to students, residents, and staff. The candidate will join an academic department, which has a strong and diverse faculty, an ACGME accredited residency program and a supportive atmosphere for practicing clinical pathology.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidates must have an M.D, or M.D./Ph.D (or foreign equivalent degree)
- Possession/eligibility for an unrestricted medical license to practice in New York State
- Possession/eligibility to obtain appropriate Certificates of Qualification (CoQ) for Medical Directorship in New York State.
- Board certification in combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, or in Clinical Pathology.
- Additional Certification/expertise in Transfusion Medicine, or Hematopathology is a plus
- Experience or expertise in in Lab Informatics, and any Lab leadership or management role is preferred
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare to millions of residents of the Hudson Valley. The Valhalla campus, located in Westchester County, 30 minutes north of New York City, provides ideal opportunity for enjoying suburban life with very good school districts, and ready access to a large metropolis. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Successful applicant will also have faculty appointment at New York Medical College at the level commensurate with applicant’s experience.
Submit a Cover Letter, CV, and Names and Contact information of 3 references by email to: Jasmine Campos Manager of Advanced Clinical Recruitment Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC