Job Title: Clerk
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Diagnostic Radiology
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 291
Posted Date: May 07, 2021
The Clerk is responsible for performing routine and complex clerical tasks involved in the preparation and maintenance of patient medical records, insurance information and office records in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements; enters and retrieves information on computer software programs and maintains both electronic and manual medical records; acts as liaison with other hospital staff, patients and families, the public, staff at other medical facilities, and insurance company representatives.
- Organizes, assembles and maintains medical records and charts, and reviews them for accuracy and completeness in accordance with established hospital policy and practice.
- Enters data on hospital-wide computer system.
- Creates chart covers, new charts, and transfers old charts to new charts.
- Files and retrieves medical records.
- Photocopies records and forms and faxes, and performs related clerical duties for the maintenance of an effective medical records system.
- Photocopies records in response to in-coming requests for release of medical information.
- Monitors the retrieval and return of medical records to file or storage area; completes logs.
- Utilizes computer applications or other automated systems to enter and retrieve data.
- Receives visitors, patients and patients’ families in absence of Receptionist.
- Greets walk-ins and provides information regarding requirements for release of medical records.
- Mails out medical records with required documentation in response to requests in accordance with HIPPA and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Contacts other hospital personnel for missing information or clarification to ensure accurate and complete documentation.
- Orders forms and supplies for department.
- Attends and participates in all staff and educational meetings.
- Assists in providing supportive services or other duties as assigned.
- Effectively uses automated systems to perform work assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 1 year of clerical and office support experience in a medical office or healthcare setting required.
A high school diploma or equivalency required. Must be organized and detail oriented; knowledge of basic computer systems; ability to enter and retrieve data on automated systems · Ability to use general office equipment (fax, copier, calculator) ·
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.